90/65 jet outboard motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseyjimk

Reaction score
I cant seem to find one used,has anybody ever converted a regular outboard into a jet.I know the cost of the kit,I was just wundering what other costs their is.I'm considering a remote motor conversion.The brand of motor doesnt matter just want to know the hidden costs,I'll be doing the conversion myself. thanks for any input

My motor was converted but I didn't do it. I have removed my jet unit to replace bearings and water pump. Don't think it would be much different. I don't think there are any hidden costs with the motor. Drop the lower unit, use the existing water pump and install new jet lower unit. Your boat transom will have to be raised if it was built for a prop.

Scott

Go to www.outboardjets.com email them and ask away..

It took me 4 hours to convert my first one, then 2 hours on my 2nd.

As said there isn't any hidden costs.. the $2K + initial investment for the foot comes with what youll need.

and make sure your transom is the correct height..

usually no hidden costs well maybe a jackplate to raise the transom. takes an hour or 2 if u know what ur doin both my jets were factory so i didnt convert but theyve been off a few times. another hidden cost would be a rockproof foot if u plan to take some impacts

Latest posts