homemade controls

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtymike

Reaction score
Any of u guru's ever made a remote throttle and gear selector for the front of the boat.

Check out my aluma-jet thread, I made custom throttle and shifter levers for my jetboat. Pretty simple, a piece of flat stock, with a hole drilled for a pivot point, and another hole for attaching a ball joint fitting, or a special fitting for a throttle cable.

Like it. the ball joints are the key to this delima i am in. i Need to turn a push into a pull. These old OMC 10's advance the timing as do they open the accelerator at the same time. I'm at the mercy of self engineering again. Ill try to place pic soon i hope.

dirtymike said:
Like it. the ball joints are the key to this delima i am in. i Need to turn a push into a pull. These old OMC 10's advance the timing as do they open the accelerator at the same time. I'm at the mercy of self engineering again. Ill try to place pic soon i hope.

OK, if you're trying to turn a push cable into a pull cable, then a lever like mine is exactly what you need, along with a Teleflex cable and a means of clamping that cable sleeve in a fixed position.

Latest posts