Etec Engines ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
I've always or should I say recently had nothing but Yamaha engines which have been great. I have found a boat that I'm interested in adding to the fleet with a late model etec.

I don't know much about them other than having Evinrudes years ago and they've always been reliable.

So any input?

The Etec engine is very reliable like Pappy says. They are peppy and strong, and have lower emissions than most 4 strokes on the market to boot. I would not hesitate getting one.

Bufford

Hey bad in my opinion (as I had 2 Etecs), the first one was awesome I put over a 1000 hours on it, but the second one for my old flats boat when I re powered it was junk. It blew up the lower unit 3 times in about 6 months, then they offered to replace the whole engine, but I was done. Since then I've had 4 Yamaha's (1 115hp for my flats boat, a pair of counter rotating 200hp's for my old Mako, and now a 35 hp older model for my tin boat) and I've never done anything but gas them up, and change the lower unit oil every 6 months! No lie! So for my money I'd go Yamaha, but that's just me!