Motor Capacity for a 1436 Alumacraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcaswell

Reaction score
The boat says the max capacity is 15hp

But can I stretch and put a 20hp on there? will the power be that different? Both weigh around 115 pounds.

Thank you-

I have a 1983 25 hp Mariner on my 1436. The motor is built by Yamaha and weighs 105.

For legal reasons i would NOT exeed the boat's rating. If it ever anything happens and upon investigation it comes out that you overpowered your boat your insurance company may just drop you, basically you won't have a ground to hang on.Just my 0.2 cents.
Dan

i dont know any body that has insurance on there boat here in ca and some of them have really nice boats

with all legal aspects aside

i would think you would be ok my buddy has a 77 35hp johnson 2smoke on his 14foot valco and its rated for a 20 i told him he should do something with the transom beef it up a lil but he just ran it and its been fine, really fast too with 2 of us and gear we hit low 30s

there are other people on here with overpowered boats as well look around you will see a few

5 hp shouldn't be that big of a deal IMHO. But if the game warden checks you out on the water,theres a good chance you will get a ticket. Last I remember it was lil over a 100.00 bucks. I almost got one for being 3 hp over ( hull rated at 85 had a 88 SPL) But I told him it was a package deal from the dealer,( which it was) so he let me go.

Latest posts