Fogging Yamaha 25hp 2-Stroke

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moloch16

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I want to fog my motor for storage over the winter. The motor is a 2007 2-stroke 25hp. The manual says "Spray fogging oil alternately into each carburetor or the fogging hole of the silencer cover, if equipped." I've taken the motor cover off and looked, but I can't tell where exactly they want me to spray. I'm thinking I have the silencer covers (with no fogging hole) but before I start taking parts off, thought I would check here first.

Thanks for any hints!

Attachments

• 2012-11-15 20.26.42.jpg
    2012-11-15 20.26.42.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 384
To answer my own question, I had to take the plastic "silencer" cover off which is in front of the carb intake. The carb intakes are then accessible and I was able to spray fogging oil into the carbs while the motor was running.

Regards

You got it. Take good care of that 25. No longer made. Excellent motor! A little finicky on a few things but they ALL have their quirks (JohnnyRudes, Mercs, etc). I'm pretty familiar with those twin carb 25's....stock anyway. Never done much modding to one.