Help! Warning Tone

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starfire01

Reaction score
Took the boat out for the first time ever today. 16ft Starcraft Starfire 160 w/ 50 Merc 2 stroke. I did not run it hard, but I did open it up on the way back to the dock. I eventually went to idle for a few minutes while getting prepared to load the boat back onto the trailer. The warning tone came on. I had sut the engine off and went for the truck and got the trailer set up. A few minutes had passed for the engine to cool down. I started the engine and loaded the boat w/ the warning tone going off. The book indicates 2 possible reasons for the tone. 1. low oil- the oil level was full. 2. engine overheat. water was flowing so there were no obstructions. Is it possible that the engine would overheat in idle mode? When I ran it back to the dock, I was only at 3/4 -full throttle for a short period, less than 4 minutes and then I slowed down gradually until I reached the dock. The engine was serviced in February. What do you think?!

yup, there was water coming out of the pee hole. Check out the post i just submitted under electrical....maybe this will give you another idea of what the problem/s are.

Latest posts