weight of a '72 johnson

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MD746

Reaction score
Can anyone give me the weight of a '72 25HP Johnson tiller with short shaft. I have looked every where and cant find specs for this motor.

I've got a 72 johnson 20hp, and it weighs right around 108lbs I think... I know it's not much more than that because I can pick it up and put it on the boat by myself

I'll do some digging and see if I can find something.

i found a model year 2000 25hp johnson 2 stroke -- 118lbs... can't think it'd be much different than that

Thanks Russ ,I found one of Craigslist that is completely rebuilt I'm thinking about getting for my 14' jonboat.

Electric start or manual only? Manual is lighter by a good 10 lbs. I have a '75 25hp Evinrude and when doing some research saw them listed at 84lbs for manual start. Never weighed mine and it is electric start, but a little over 100lbs would be right. Lighter than the new 20hp 4 stroke that replaced it as I could barely get it on the boat by myself. The Evinrude is a breeze to put on and take off.

What are they asking on that 72 25 hp? I am curious because I bought a 1648 back in October and it had a 72 johnson 25 horse and I was curious what one would sell for. Mine has some issues, but still fires up on the first crank (electric start) and runs nice.
Chris

chrispbrown27 said:
What are they asking on that 72 25 hp? I am curious because I bought a 1648 back in October and it had a 72 johnson 25 horse and I was curious what one would sell for. Mine has some issues, but still fires up on the first crank (electric start) and runs nice.
Chris
Price can vary a lot by location. And by a lot, I mean I've seen some motors go for 3-4 hundred in some parts of the country while the same motor will bring 7-8 hundred all day long in other places. Your best be to get an idea of what your motor is worth would be to check with local dealer if they sell used motor or on consignment and ask them.

they are asking 800 the motor had a complete rebuild back in October. After getting my boat inspected by DNR I cant run the 25hp my boat is only rated for 15. If anyone is interested in this 25 its located in Metro Atlanta. Shoot me a message and I will give you the sellers contact number.

Latest posts