Tohatsu Issues

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hueydr

Reaction score
Since it's been awile and there are new members i'm going to try this again. My dad gave me his old Alumacraft Crappie Jon with a Tohatsu M18C2 OB. My problem is that the motor hasn't been run in at least ten years (it was run dry and stored) and I want to ensure the motor is salvagable before putting any money into the boat. I can get most of the parts I need (water pump kit, filters etc) but NOT the carb kit due to the fact that they aren't made any more. Anybody know of a hidden stock of NOS parts for ths motor? Any and all ideas are appreciated.

I would try to find out hat carbs are on it there was only a hand full of carbs made for boat and alot of then used the same ones. If you could post the ser# of the motor I maybe able to cross it so something for u

Hey harleydoc. It's a Tohutsu M18C2 SN 350A 77321. Thanks for looking. Where you at? I used to live in the northern part of the Newport News.

Thanks GOTEM. Been there. More info. The PN for a carb kit is 362871220M. At this point i'm thinking of going international to see about parts. How can a 20 year old motor have obsolete parts? Makes no sense at all.

Here you go

https://www.wsmparts.com.au/pdf/outboard/ob-fuel.pdf 2nd page

Also check you local napa they good for old hard to find parts at lest mine is

The biggest thing I read and has found that the 25/30 hp is the same the motor just has two carb vs 1 carb as the 9.9 15 and 18 but all have the same carb

Thanks harleydoc. I'll try calling on Tuesday. I knew about the multi carb setup on the bigger motors but from what I've seen they tell you to buy several of the single carb kits. Maybe there was a different PN for a multi-carb setup kit. Starting to research now.

Here are some photo's. Hope they come out OK (first time uploading). The only markings on it are TK Carburettor Co., LTD and
60A-6 0I. There is a 2 on the bottom of the float bowl.

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 479
  • tn2.jpg
    tn2.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 479
  • tn3.jpg
    tn3.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 479
  • tn4.jpg
    tn4.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 479
  • tn5.jpg
    tn5.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 479
  • tn6.jpg
    tn6.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 479
Hoorayyyyy!!!! I found a source for a carb kit (he's even got more than 1). A quick check of the motors compression and I'm off to the races. Thanks to all that helped. You can view this motor and boat build in the Jon and V boat Conversions and Modifications forum as "1991 Alumacraft Crappie Jon " in the near future. Thanks again.

Good deal I have been out to sea for a few day and just got back. Glad you found a kit for the carbs make sure you post the info for others.

harleydoc said:
Good deal I have been out to sea for a few day and just got back. Glad you found a kit for the carbs make sure you post the info for others.
Hopefully you didn't have to go down to Guantanamo Bay. LoL

Latest posts