johnson

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpknls

Reaction score
ok i thank i have it but lets see what you guys thank. i have 115hp johnson i was having a hard time starting the othere day. now the motor has set for about a year in a half. anyway i checked and found i had lost spark on one side. so i pulled the wire's off of the power pack and swaped with the othere side. rechecked had fire now on the ones that were dead but no fire on the side that did work. so i am looking at the power pack any thoughts?

I am unclear as to what you swapped? If just the wire I would replace them first anyway and check again.

Well lets clarify something since it's been mentioned. You said you pulled the wires off the power pack so I took that to mean you swapped everything at the power pack connection. Meaning all the plug wires were left connected to the same cylinder as it was before any swapping was done. If that's the case, and the miss moved from one cyl to the other, then that should eliminate the possibility of it being a bad plug wire and narrows it down to being no output from one side of the power pack output. At least that what I'm thinking but I've been wrong before.

JMichael said:
Well lets clarify something since it's been mentioned. You said you pulled the wires off the power pack so I took that to mean you swapped everything at the power pack connection. Meaning all the plug wires were left connected to the same cylinder as it was before any swapping was done. If that's the case, and the miss moved from one cyl to the other, then that should eliminate the possibility of it being a bad plug wire and narrows it down to being no output from one side of the power pack output. At least that what I'm thinking but I've been wrong before.
yep thats what i said :D