Is it worth it?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispbrown27

Reaction score
Just found 25 horse Johnson on CL that looks to be the same year as mine ('72). The guy said he doesn't know a thing about it and he will take a hundred bucks for it. Assuming it is nothing more then a parts motor, would a hundred be a good deal?
Chris

$100 for a parts motor isn't so bad. Especially if you don't see them too often. Also, you could check compression and check the gear lube for water.

jasper60103 said:
$100 for a parts motor isn't so bad. Especially if you don't see them too often. Also, you could check compression and check the gear lube for water.

definiteley worth 100 bucks just to have spare parts...does yours have any issues? im guessing not since them old johnsons were built to last. and who knows u may just have to put some gas to it and have a running motor....if i could find one for my year like you explain id be all over it but thats just me. also consider that there are a bazillion old johnson/evinrude parts still available on the net.....

Latest posts