Outboard motor condensers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

17ft'r

Reaction score
Are outboard motor (condensers) the same as (automobiles)?

17ft'r

Probably not. As I recall auto are in the .33mfd range and most outboards are around.2mfd. Does it make a difference? Probably.
Coil and cap ignitions are tuned induction. The coil and cap are rated to give the spark they want which I think would be the hottest spark they can get from the components.
Would it work? I don't know.

As long as the value is the same an automotive replacement can be used. However....the mounting system is usually totally different for one. The outboard condensors also have very different values from engine family to engine family and outboard brand to outboard brand.
They are all still readily available through an authorized dealership so why not just buy locally??

I called my marine shop and they sell a kit (consisting of) "points and condeners". Hey I'm not against putting in new points, but not when the kit costs $49 $$, & when I was just after the condensers.

I have spent so much $$'s I don't think any fish I catch will ever be (really) free.

Thanks all for the time and info.,

17ft'r

Latest posts