need some prop advise please help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnybassboat

Reaction score
Hi every one got a question. I have a 25 hp Nissan 2 stroke with a mangled prop that i think is original to motor. Not sure on size or pitch, oh yeah it aluminum. Just wondering if anyone has a comparable motor and what you are running for a prop and how it performs on your boat. My boat is a 1648 alumacraft with large front deck, rear deck and a couple batteries. the old prop was used by previous owner to grind gravel I think. I mainly fish the mississippi river locally, and thinking stainless what ya all think.

IMO Stainless is nice but unless your grinding gravel or cutting underwater stumps up it's probably an unnecessary expense. If you're hard on props though, get the stainless.

I have always heard that Stainless Steel props are too heavy for motors under 40 horse. If it were me I would buy two aluminum props for the price of the stainless and have a back up. Here is a prop chart from the Nissan site to answer your other question. https://www.nissanmarine.com/accessories/prop_chart.html

Chris

Latest posts