Mod for 85 Evinrude 25hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vermillionaire

Reaction score
I have a 1985 25hp Evinrude, and I was wondering if the carb and intake manifold from a '81 35hp Evinrude will fit without adjustment. I've see a thread for this mod before but im not sure all I need. Carb, manifold, larger fuel lines, and new prop?
Thanks

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23898&hilit=25hp+mod

Off the top of my head...... As long as it is a manual primer and you have the manual primer..... or electric and you have electric primer then all you should need is the carb and intake. Only one small fuel line should have to be modified and it is because of the larger intake nipple. Although if memory serves my the 81' 35hp didn't have the larger volume intake yet? It has been awhile and I cannot remember all the info. Read the post I made and let me know if you have any questions.

The parts motor is an electric start, not sure if that's what you mean. I've read your post that's what gave me the envie. I'm just not sure, and not sure how to find out

Nope that's not what I meant. I have an electric start with a manual primer system. Some have electric start and electric primer, typically remote steering motors had this. If both motors are tiller then both are likely manual and if both are remote steering then electric primer.

Well throw some pics up of carburetors and intakes and get me model numbers off transom bracket of both motors. May be able to answer this for ya real quick but we got to start somewhere :) My guess is it will work without no issues. I would have to dig around a bit to verify.

Latest posts