Did Firestone make a boat motor??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarPony

Reaction score
I was at a local flea market and saw two, old boat motors for sale and I swear I saw one that had Firestone on the side of it. It was way up high and partially blocked so I couldn't read it real good. It was an air-cooled two banger!!! They wanted $295 for it so I wasn't THAT interested enough to climb up and see for sure.

Jeff

I was always told that Firestone outboard motors were manufactured through 1959 by Scott Atwater, and from 1960 on by West Bend. Someone here may know more...

A month ago I found an old newspaper article or swap sheet that was scanned into the web from the 40's or 50's in which someone was selling a firstone outboard. I showed my father and he said he had one of those outboards in the 60's that didn't work, but he never got it running and then he got drafted.

My Grandfather had a "Firestone" outboard, low horse power (2 maybe 3 hp) that he used to frog hunt in Arkansas. It was a ***** to get cranked but once it fired it ran all night long on 1/2 gallon of gas. Biggest thing I recall was no reverse, the motor rotated a full 360 degrees!!!!

I had a firestone 7.5 hp. it was built by scott attwater. ran good until the water pump failed.

go here------> https://www.fiberglassics.com/wiki/images/0/04/Firestonemodels.pdf