Need help with this link.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwave

Reaction score
At one point in time this part was slipping, only allowing for partial throttle. This is my 2000 25hp Johonson. Does this part look like it is adjusted correctly? I realize this is a vague pic but if you look closely there is room for adjustment approx 1/4 inch or so. I was wondering if this was adjusted to keep the engine from over rev.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (76).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (76).jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 157
Nope.
The small block with the screw in it is to allow you to make the full throttle adjustment.
Loosen the screw.
Engine not running
Place engine in gear and go to full throttle.
Slide the rod forward until the throttle blades are horizontal in the throttle bore
Slide that link back until it touches and lock it down.
Check to make sure throttle blades are at wot when the handle is....if it is you are done.

Ok thanks for the reply, when it slipped the first time I had to tighten on the water so I was not sure where the original position was. When I make the adjustment your saying that the flaps should be horizontal at WOT, then screw the brass screw tight? If you look at the pic there is more than 1/4 of an inch past the plastic stop piece, that looks strange to me. I will adjust like you said and see where it its up.