charging

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnfish

Reaction score
I have a 1980 J25RCSA (Johnson 25 hp) that had electric start added on. do I just need the rectifier and the terminal block to complete the charging system? and if so what wires need connected to the terminal and rectifier?

I have an older merc that had elec start added. In researching adding the ability to charge to mine I found out it would have to have a different stator than the one that came on it as well as the rectifier. I know you're dealing with a newer motor and it's not a merc but you might want to check on that to be sure the rectifier is all you need.

JMichael said:
I have an older merc that had elec start added. In researching adding the ability to charge to mine I found out it would have to have a different stator than the one that came on it as well as the rectifier. I know you're dealing with a newer motor and it's not a merc but you might want to check on that to be sure the rectifier is all you need.

1980 newer??? I like the way you think...I will check into that for sure, thanks man...

shawnfish said:
JMichael said:

1980 newer??? I like the way you think...I will check into that for sure, thanks man...
I've been all over the place year wise with my motors. My current merc is a 1975 and the one I had when I got this one was a 1966. So in the world of motors, yours still has the new smell compared to mine. :lol:

I guess ur right...in my eyes they stopped making all small ( under 40hp) outboards in the late 80's. any that are worth their salt that is.....

Latest posts