1997 15hp Evienrude

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntroilo1288

Reaction score
I just bought this boat the old gas tank leaked so i replaced it with a brand new Mollier Gas tank i have had it out 3 times and all threee times i have had to come in half way through my day because the when i start my motor and put it in gear it shuts off. When i start it for the first time i choke it then it shuts off then i pull the cord once it starts right up then it takes one pull starts up right away then for some reason i will start it then it will just shut right off when put in gear and then its a project to even get it started. It happen on friday then to day i changed the gas line out thinking it was that but it wasn't connecting right and it started up put it in gear shut off then i restarted it ran i put it in gear it ran then i left it sit for 15mins then i couldn't get it running for more then 5 seconds it would idle hard then just shut off any ideas would be a great help on where to look next.

Also with the old tank it never did this i had it out about 5 times with the old tank once i switched to the new one it started doing this

Did the new tank come with the fitting or where did you buy the fitting?

I thought it was the fitting so i bought the attwood hose from walmart with the fitting yesterday and it started up then starting acting weird agian originally i bought the motor fitting to go with the tank

I bought some a Walmart last year and had a similar problem. It was the fitting on the tank. When it does this check you primer bulb to see if it sucks flat and if it does wiggle the connector on the tank. I took mine (fitting ) off and bought one from a dealer and problem was fixed. My motor is a 1997 Johnson 15 HP.

In my case it wasn't the hose but the fitting I put on the tank. My hose is made by Attwood. I guess the 2 Chinese companies made things to different spec's

Well i tried a new hose and fitting but still bogging. Out anyone know where to start next to look the plugs and wires look to be kinda old would this be something to cause this

Sounds like its running a bit lean, either the low speed jet is clogged or you need to richer the mixture screw if it has them.