Outboarddecals.com

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbweimar

Reaction score
Has anyone used decals from this site? I need to replace the decals on my 40 ETEC, but I don't want junk.

https://www.outboarddecals.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=28&products_id=802&osCsid=i24n7nufjsgsqd17i7tv1toop6

I emailed them with questions of vinyl quality and warranty info. The prices seem fair and they have a TON of makes and models. I'll let you know when they get back to me.

This is the reply I received about 20 minutes after I asked the questions.

We only use the highest quality most expensive vinyl you can buy (3M Scotchcal). We do laminate and thermal print the decals which will give the decals the longest life possible. How long will the decals last is hard to say, we have customers reporting as long a 8 years and still going but if you leave the decal exposed to direct sunlight all day every day I would say it could be 3-5 years or maybe less. Basically we can guarantee our decals will out last any other decals on the market but cannot give a number on how long we guarantee them.

Let us know if you have any more questions. Thanks, TJ ([email protected])

3M Scotchcal is a very good flat application vinyl and it being laminated you should get 5 plus years out of it and maybe 4 in the deep south. I was asking my designers how long these outboard logos would take for them to recreate and just in design time I'm pricing myself out of this market. I say go for it and if and when you do please share with all of us how everything turned out.

I'm glad you posted this. I have a 1975 25hp with 20 hp hood and have been looking for the correct decals. This place has them!

Iv'e bought 5 sets from them,top notch on all of them and still are holding up.They are not like the originals on the motor but they are very good quality.For instance i ordered a set of 15hp merc decals and on the front of the motor were the thick original m was for merc,the replacement was just a decal not the actual original m that was a very thick m that was like a bubble decal.What i mean is the original m was like a blow up m that was very thick and stuck out good.The replacements are just good old flat vinyl decals but match perfect to the originals,but not as high quality.For the price i haven't gone wrong yet and will continue to buy all my replacement decals there.