2009 merc 20 hp 4stroke parts

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovedr79

Reaction score
anyone have a source for cheap or used mercury parts? I have a 2009 mercury 20 hp fourstroke that decided it didn't want to fish today. it ate the forward and reverse gears........ was just leaving dock motor started skipping and clanking bad. I shut it down and the prop would would barely turn by hand. fished a couple hours with the TM. came home drained the lower unit oil only to find chunks of metal. pulled the prop shaft and found the bevel gear, forward gear and reverse gear missing a couple teeth. so my fishing season is done unless I can find a super cheap motor or some cheap parts. so I don't think either is going to happen. not very happy with this motor, never have been and this is just icing on the cake.

either find a lower unit, or for the same price,
68-73 johnson or evinrude 20/25 hp. less weight, bullet proof. yes its a two stroke but it outlast any other new pos. if you should happen to blow a set of gears, they are cheap and easy to install. just me.
dino

yeah I would much rather have a two stroke...... I grew up and still ride a two smoke dirtbike. I will see what I can do to make it through this summer. I just got done parts washing everything and it looks like it is just going to be $45 tohatsu pinion gear. plus impeller since I am in there. the rest is going to be a gamble. after looking at the forward and reverse gear and bearings they seem fine for now anyway..............
and yes a rude or Johnson would be awsome my buddy had a rude 25hp fourstroke that was smooth as silk and much quitter and powerful. seemed to be a better motor overall. this 20 I have just seems to under powered. many say its the boat but dang come on. the old 1958 18hp seahorse my friend has would move my boat a lot better.......

Are you sure it is not still under warranty? I have a 2011 model with a 5 year factory transferable warranty.

Latest posts