Suzuki 8hp 1988 question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pweisbrod

Reaction score
Is there anybody that has a conversion kit to convert the stupid suzuki connector to a standard one?

I can't find anything online. Anyone have any good ideas on how I could do this myself from hardware or marine parts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 367
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 367
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 367
Have you tried one of the boat supply places? What is the problem with yours?

in last pic - right under the choke - that looks like a honda gas line connector -

is that where your gas line connects- if so -look at honda gas line parts--

It is a kicker motor aka get home motor on a big boat. I'd like to have only one gas line fitting type, but it is not a perfect world. I guess this ensures I won't burn all the gas in the boat on the big motor :roll:

The real problem is I do not have the female Suzuki hose end to go on the motors male end. Suzuki has a quick connect fitting like some Hondas and apparently Chrysler/force used them as well.

Turns out this must use the 11 mil Suzuki fitting, found a 13 Mil at the boat place today and it didn't work, too large. They didn't have the 11, so off to the dealer I go.

I hate obscure parts.

I would convert it to match your other motor, just remove the Suzuki plug, drill housing if necessary and replace with a male omc/merc whatever you use on the big motor. Compatibility can only help, and I'm sure a more common connector will be cheaper.

I have a friend that did something very similar for different reasons. He couldn't figure out a good way to mount the new style connector in the limited space on the motor so he installed a fuel line on the motor side of the connector that was about 3" longer so that it would come out of the hole that the connector use to be mounted in. He has to use 2 hands to make the connection now and it doesn't look as good, but he's happy with it now.

Latest posts