25hp 2stroke yamaha price?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobeb

Reaction score
Well as most know i have been trying to decide on a new 20hp 4stroke suzuki or a 20hp merc.I was looking on a site for the heck of it and came across a brand new in the box 25hp 2stroke yamaha,short shaft,electric start.The issue i'm having is it's $3400+tax.My question is would anyone pay that type of money for a brand new 25hp 2stroke motor?

We all know how rare they are,you can't find them new anywere anymore.This was a fluke of a find.I called the marina i saw it at and they verified they do indeed have it.I was shocked.It's actually a 2008 model,but as we all know if bought today it would be considered a 2013 because they eliminated model yrs on outboards.It comes with the standard 2yr warranty not that it will need it.

I just wanted to know if it's worth spending an extra 1k on it?

i just returned a 20 hp Suzuki -4 stroke short shaft electric start. Ran for all of 3 seconds. Then would not start at all. Had three mechanics look at it (very far from home) Decided to bring it back home to the dealer. First Suzuki said it was in the serial numbers that needed a new high pressure fuel pump and fuel sensor. So that was replaced. It worked as a pull start but the electric start wouldn't work. So then they decided that it needed a new cam shaft! At that point we said -- Enough! Off to buy a Honda!

no...they have it high ball marked up because of the fact that you cant get them anymore.... some fool may pay that but, why?? great engines, but not that great...you can find a like new used one on the high end for 1800...

Wow i'm suprised you had so many problems with the suzuki.Usually the suzuki outboards are flawless and solid motors.

Apparently suzuki just came out with a new fuel injected model and it is giving them grief.

JRB1960 You must of just had a very bad lemon of an engine,it happens.They should of offered you a brand new one if you had so many issues.

$3400?

Ain't no way I'd pay that much for an old 25 Yamaha. $2500 max. We sold the last one at the dealership in 2011 for $2699. From 2009 to about mid 2011, it was possible to sell them for $3000 because people still wanted them. However, them days are OVER. There are so many good motors on the market these days that who would want to pay more for a lowly 2 smoker?

Them old 25ESH's were good motors, however they are/were not $3400 good. How bad do you want it and how bad does the dealer want to sell it? Offer 'em $2800 for it (cash) and expect extended warranty.

A brand new Yamaha F25 short shaft electric start tiller is around $3600, for reference. Add a bit more for tilt assist motors-but they are long shaft only. Yes they're heavier...but that's easily offset by not carrying so much garbage in the back of the boat. 1 battery and 3 gal of fuel is all you need. Most people carry 6.6 gal and 2 or 3 batteries (in your typical 15-16' aluminum boat). 2 reasons you don't need 6 gallons. One, it adds uncessary weight. Two, the 4 stroke uses such little fuel that 6 gal of fuel goes bad before it ever gets used. I carry 3 gal and it lasts ALL day, and I still usually dump 1.5-2 gal from the boat gas tank into the lawn mower or car after fishing all day. It doesn't go old that way. Plus I use it once a week. 2 weeks is about all you'll get out of today's cat-pee quality fuel before the process starts. Don't believe me? Get a pint jar, make a mark on it 3/4 the way to the top, fill it with FRESH fuel to the mark you just made and leave it sit with the lid off. In 8 hours, about 1/3 of it is GONE (evaporation). The glass gets cold and the gas picks up moisture from the air which settles to the bottom in little droplets.

I use non ethanol fuel so that is no concern for me as far as gas.The motor is 100%brand new in the box also.I would never buy a f25 of any outboard they are dogs and way to heavy.I had a brand new 25hp 4stroke merc on a j16 carolina skiff,what a joke that was.I tried everything to get that boat to plane.I sold the motor one week after i bought it.

For the weight dif the 25hp 2stroke is only 110 lbs max for a yamaha electric start a f25 is near 160+lbs.Plus the power to weight ratio is so far off.If i were to get any new 25 it would be the etec.The only 25hp 4stroke i would even consider if i had no choice would be a 25hp suzuki.I love yamaha but even my local yamaha dealer steered me away from the 25hp 4stroke yamaha,they won't even carry it because it's so heavy and the difference between the f20 and f25 is so minimal in power to weight ratio.I can't see giving up almost 45 to 50lbs for 5hp.

I can def see how $3400 is alot of money but it is also a lifetime investment as the motor will last a lifetime as long as it's taken care of.Plus it's a 2008,but it's 100%brand new in the box,never used with a full 2yr warranty.As of now i'm leaning toward a 20hp 4stroke suzuki or a 20hp 4stroke merc for a few reasons,price is one,suzuki is only $2600 and the merc is $2900 but there is a boat show in my area coming up and i know i can get the merc way cheaper.

I will do what you said though,offer the marina like $2800 and not go a penny above 3k.I will see what they say.Can't hurt to ask.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=324650#p324650 said:
scoobeb » 03 Aug 2013, 06:42[/url]"]The issue i'm having is it's $3400+tax.My question is would anyone pay that type of money for a brand new 25hp 2stroke motor?

Yea. I would pay 3400 for a new 25hp 2 stroke. But it would be new as in 2013. Your getting close to the price range of a brand new 2013 E-tec at that price.

I'm a 2 stroke guy though. Dirt bikes, outboards, mowers, chainsaws, weedeaters... I prefer the simplicity, power and light weight of the 2 stroke engine.

If I buy new, I support those manufactures who are still building 2 strokes.

Latest posts