1969 25HP Evinrude

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nubee

Reaction score
hey guys, got a quick question I'm not up on the 2 strokes so here it goes, over 6 weeks ago I dropped my outboard off at the shop (privately owned) he called me yesterday and said its not worth fixing couldn't get it to start, he said he had spark and fuel, to me i see no reason why it shouldn't start and he said it was hard to pull thru and has 90 psi on the cyls no good, for a 1969 model this doesn't sound bad to me, don't quite understand the boat and engine has been owned by us since the mid to late 80's always garaged (engine) when not in use, I was the last to have it out on the water in 1993 been the garage since and when we used it never let us down, don't see how setting up would ruin it, I've pulled many junk yard engines and could always get them running, so i guess my question is are 2 strokes that different, I've bought over $200 of parts before taking it to the shop so now am i just out $200 plus need to start the search for a engine, thx in advance.

Get the motor back and try and start it, then tell us what happens.
If you have spark and fuel (at the right time) and compression there is no reason it should not start. I'm guessing one of them is not there.

well for now I'm standing down, went to pick up engine today and he had my engine mixed up with the another gentleman that dropped off at the same time I did, paper work was correct as he had my serial # to my engine on my paper work, he was genuinely sorry and said "I don't why I had this engine pictured in my head to you and why he didn't check the serial # before starting as he usually does, so my stress level is way down now. If it turns bad again I'll post back with everything I've tried, thx guys.

Latest posts