66 fastwin question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catchaser

Reaction score
Is there supposed to be a 1/16" hole drilled in this things copper tube from the waterpump? Seems to be counter productive if so

Any obvious problems I could come into would be awesome. If yall could just let me know before they bite me in the rear end

I was pretty suprised I pulled the flywheel and boom everything under there looked brand new. No cracks in the coils no corrosion on the connections or wires. Just had to adjust the points gap.

it cranked on the third pull when i picked it up but barely spit any water so i pulled the lower unit and impeller was in awesome shape not brittle or cracked or anything the guy i got it from was good enough to know to grease her up before prolonged periods of down time, however i pulled the head to see that somehow it suckedup some grass that had thewater ports fairly clogged up now i am waiting for my new head gasket to get in. i rebuilt the carb friday and pulled the flywheel saturday to see all the beauty under it. also looking to replace the o ring on top of the impeller housing as well.

Ok I'm at odds with this guy again. All new electronic parts runs like a top above idle but gets hot as heck when its running. Like boils water hot. Pulled thermostat cover and have lots of water but got just a small amount spitting from exhaust. Any help would hbe greatly appreciated

Thermostat, what's that? This one is a little newer than ones I am used to, but I have heard of guys shooting air through the cooling passages to try and dislodge debris.

At worst it may need to have the head removed so you can get in and get junk out.

Thermostat is out already. I pulled the head last week to clean all passages that's why I'm so stumped everything is clean. I pulled the lower unit again today gonna blow thru her from top to bottom. I was in the process of de carbing the engine after head removal, carb rebuild, pump rebuild and points coil condenser plug exchange.

Where are you running this engine? Lake or tank? If tank then the engine must be submerged above the lower mounts to pump properly. Also in a tank there can be so much air that you can and will overheat the engine.
Sounds like you did not replace the impeller from reading what you have written. Replace it.
Also look at the upper and lower housings. If you find grooves that are deep enough to catch a fingernail in them then the housing needs to be replaced as it will trap air and reduce the efficiency of the pump.
If looking for issues in the powerhead remember to look at the exhaust/cover as well. When you find the issue re-install the thermostat, it is there for a purpose!

Thanks pappy I'm gonna replace the impeller tonight. And yes its in a 250 gallon tank I was wondering if maybe its sucking exhaust by chance. Thanks.

Latest posts