25 E-Tec

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before we quit doing BRP stuff, we sold a ton of them. Few powerheads, few lower unit repairs, etc. Normal as I call it. Keep in mind duck hunting flooded timber areas will kill ANY outboard. ETEC in general-heavy, slow, not enough power to hurt itself generally speaking. I compare them to Honda ATV's. Always start up fairly easy, a few bad ones (not many), but never the fastest or lightest or most comfortable. But usually competitive on "reliability" and price.

Went and took a look at them for a two stroke they are monsters in size! Going to look at the 20 hp Tohatsu.

I don't own one,wish I did.
If you compare them to any new 4 stroke,there weight isn't bad normally less.I think the most cc,s in its class,troll down low and great on fuel.
I know a few duck hunters with aluminum Jon's that really like them.

Yep but 25 is the smallest they make in the Etec well except for the 15HO which is still the same size as the 25 and it is just a hair to large for my applications. The next down is a 20 and its four stroke. I am super satisfied with my 9.8 Nissan kicker so I think I will try the 20 Tohatsu. The 5 year warranty is a plus also.