Mercury 25hp long shaft from grandads estate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampfox88

Reaction score
I was just given a 2000 mercury 25hp 2 stroke long shaft motor from my granddad who passed,

the motor is electric start with remote steering. I have none of the controls or steering cables im not sure how all that works, as I have always had tiller steering.

I found a quicksilver controller for $250 I was wondering what else I would be needing and how much it would cost me to get in on a boat . for example how much does steering cable and all that cost. Or is steering cable something specific to boat and I just connect to motor?

anyways im lost if you can tell.... here are some pics :Dmerc 25 (451x800).jpgmerc 25 3 (451x800).jpgmerc 25 2 (451x800).jpg

You should be able to convert to a tiller. Add a jack plate (if needed) and your all set.

I will def need a jack plate, a tiller conversion is around 500 bucks does this sound right ? , and is the conversion something I could take off a blown motor mercury 25hp and bolt right on or is it a little more complicated than that?

If you buy all the parts new, it can be a pricey conversion depending on what parts are needed. I converted a much older 75 model to tiller steer and bought all the parts used from ebay. I found a good buy on the tiller arm and total cost on the conversion for me was less than $50. If you're not in a big hurry to get it converted, you might start watching ebay for parts and see what you can find.

I believe I want to switch this motor from remote to tiller, if anyone is interested in trading let me know. also if anyone can tell me where to buy a conversion kit that would be great as well.

thanks

Latest posts