Nissan 25 HP converted to 30 HP - removing restrictor plate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HRalston

Reaction score
I bought a 2004 Nissa 25 HP outboard yesterday and the guy who sold it to me said he had read about converting this motor to a 30 HP. I did a little reading (see link below) and it seems pretty simple- there is a restrictive gasket that limits the flow of fuel into the carb, removing this will allow more fuel to the carb and produce more power. You also have to make a small adjustment to the timing and throttle, but it doesn't seem very complicated.

I am not a mechanic by any means, but I would like to look into this. Has anyone here ever done this? https://forums.iboats.com/honda-tohatsu- ... 57063.html

I personally haven't done it. Coworker has. He bought a new gasket, for the 30, rather than trying to cut the 25hp gasket out. Also adjusted the timing and throttle. Picked up roughly 6 mph on a 1542 WeldBuilt, and that's not changing props (still using factory 25 HP prop). I asked him how long it took to do it, he said less than an hour. Knowing him, that was with a few cold drinks and a couple packs of cancer sticks.

Latest posts