Trim and Tilt

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnT

Reaction score
I have no tilt and trim on my 70hp Evinrude . Looking to either buy a usd OEM unit and wiring junction box or buy a CMC unit or something in the aftermarket .I really can't find a lot of information about being good or bad . Does anybody pass along some information about either of the units good or bad . Thanks JT
Do both unit hold up well ? Do buy used ? Anything

Wow, I hate not having power trim tilt on my 25, I can image how a 70 would be. I have been researching the same and have determined that the CMC units are exceptional. Tricky to mount and have perfect, but if you can figure that part out they are supposedly better than a motor that comes with trim/tilt. If I had the cash I would own one right now, but they aren't cheap!

Well thats where I'm at . I have found some of the old units used and some needs rebuilt . Most of the guys are in the $400 range . So to pick up a new unit for 500 to 600 didn't seem to bad as long as they work well and hold up to the motor abuse . And at the end of the day it's a real PITA , to lift that 70hp from inside the boat . Believe me when I tell you I've got it stuck in the mud more time then I care to count,when I'm using the trolling motor in the shallows .

That's just a hydraulic pump and bleed off or reversing motor on the pump.
You sure you cannot find the Cylinders you need and some Stainless Tubing, benders and fittings to make this all happen?

The OEM units are bulletproof and work well. You are only running 70hp so there won't be any stress on the unit...... Same units were used on the V8 engines.
Just remember you will need the junction box that sits over the carbs, the boat wiring harness, and whatever switch you want to run it with. I have picked up the TNT units in great condition in the $200 range minus the other stuff.

Well that's really good information I thought that I need a junction boat already has a switch and wiring in the boat . Just need the unit .