1985 rude 9.9

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catchaser

Reaction score
Ok well I'm trading a 2003 briggs 5horse for a 1985 evinrude 9.9. Just looking for thoughts, comments and concerns about these motors. The only real expensive obvious thing I may have to change looks like the ignition system. Any input would help. Thanks guys

I have a 1989 15hp which is basically the same motor. Mine runs great with no issues. I've run 50:1 oil mix and 100:1 mix and no problems. A lot of guys may scream at me for running 100:1 but I have read that the only problem with this is when storing the motor for the winter long term. May rust some internal parts if not run once in a while. You can always fog it. 50:1 smokes a little more and miss fires a couple of times after trolling for an hour or two. It's your call. But I think they are great engines. Enjoy. :)

Def. Dont need that loud lawnmower motor. I currently am running a 69 merc 7.5 horse just got a great deal on a stored motor. It runs great but a front decked 1636 with my wife son and me just isn't enough. I'm a man I will never have enough POWER.

Well I screwed up and took the fuel pump apart without marking and checking everything. This is going to be interesting

Nvmd I gotta thank lee roy man he's got the best site for this whole fixing old motors thing

Fuel pump issue resolved. Lee roy said those pumps are a PITA and let me assure you they are one lil miss step and you got nothin. Anyhow got her put back together and she runs like a top in the barrel next test will be Saturday at the lake. The impeller has been changed and gear oil looked/smelled wonderful. Haven't checked the stat yet because it got warm and stayed the same temp after 15 min in the barrel.

All right all you number guys are needed here I'm running this lil 9.9 on my 71 delhi 1636 loaded w me and gear run at 15 mph wgat do yall really think I can expect to see from this motor?

I think you'll move about fine. Probably not going to pull any skiers behind you though.

I thought I saw 14' Delhi rated for max 20hp (???). What is the max for this boat?

Latest posts