2010 40hp Mercury in Limp Mode

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleydoc

Reaction score
I have a question about the limp mode on these new motors. I like it becuase it will keep you from burning up a motor but do i have to take it to a dealer to get it taken out of limp mode. I sucked up a bunch or muddy and sand yeasterday while hunting i flushed out the system took the t stat out and clean it everything looks good. I have not taken it back out yet but someone told me you have to get the dealer to clear the code or it would just say in limp mode does anyone know if this is true or not.

Thanks

You didn't on an '02 model, but they called that slow mode. Soon as the problem was corrected it went back to normal.

nccatfisher said:
You didn't on an '02 model, but they called that slow mode. Soon as the problem was corrected it went back to normal.

I will find out in the am she ran good on the hose so we will she what she does in the am I heard three different story's for three different dealer and one Indy told me that it would clear it self

All the older ones I've had, as NCCAT mentioned, were good to go once the problem was corrected, the motor shut off and restarted.
I had a problem with the SLOW system one time and it would just kick in. I had to stop motor and restart and it would be good for a couple more miles.

Well she worked good when I took her out yesterday no problems at all. So now I need to just keep her out if the mud.