Tohatsu 18 HP outboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucescoflathead

Reaction score
Yesterday at work, we were discussing outboard motors. One guy said the Tohatsu 18 hp 2 stroke was the motor to get. He said they will give a 25 hp 2 stroke a run for their money. Anyone have any experience with them? Thoughts on this? Thanks Todd

I have one('98) and I like it a lot. Had a 25 HP Nissan 2 stroke and traded for a lighter motor. It's not as fast......about 4 mph less in top speed when I GPS'd it on my 1448.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332108#p332108 said:
lucescoflathead » Yesterday, 07:53[/url]"]Yesterday at work, we were discussing outboard motors. One guy said the Tohatsu 18 hp 2 stroke was the motor to get. He said they will give a 25 hp 2 stroke a run for their money. Anyone have any experience with them? Thoughts on this? Thanks Todd

Tohatsu 18 is a very strong running 18 that is also very light weight. I had one that was actually too much for my 14ft. Myers. Make sure you get a current model as the older Tohatsu parts are sometimes hard to provision.
While shopping consider that Tohatsu and Nissan are the same motor with different badges.
Good luck
rob