motor height

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott06z71

Reaction score
I'm in the process of replacing the wood in the transom on my boat. I just boat this boat not long ago and have only had it in the water twice. The previous owner had raised the motor. I'm attaching pictures. Does it look like the height is ok or do I need to set motor back to normal height. The boat will not plane off, I think that is a fuel problem. That is another issue ( I have a new gas tank and gas line/primer bulb). When I finish the transom I want to make sure that I have the motor height right for best performance. The motor is a 1974 Johnson 9.9 HP. Boat is a 14 x 36 Ouachita. See pictures.

Attachments

• motor height3.jpg
    motor height3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 305
  • motor height4.jpg
    motor height4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 305
I think you're good,

As long as the pick up is below the water line when you're running you wont have any issues. You can verify by installing a water pressure gauge or by simply looking at the tell tale/pisser and make shore it pissing good. If the pickup is low enough so as you get a good stream of water you shouldn't have and cavitation issues either.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=332330#p332330 said:
Scott06z71 » 18 Oct 2013, 07:19[/url]"]Is that the plate just above the prop?

Correct, the anti-ventilation plate is directly above the prop.

check this....

AntiventilationPlateStraightEdge-2.jpg

Also, it would be better to have the AV plate too low than too high.

Thanks guys for the advice. It may be a couple weeks before I get everything back together and I will make sure that the height is correct.

Latest posts