tried search ? E Tec 30 hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peabody

Reaction score
looking for anyone who might own a e tec 30 hp
owners reviews .
I'm looking at the e tec for a 1656 jon boat..tiller
hope someone will give an opinion.
thanks.

Good running engine. We see them for routine service and that's about it. Have done no major warranty claims on one to date. You will always hear from someone on here about "my buddy had a friend who used to know a guy that had one and it had problems........" so take it with a grain of salt.

I’m not a big 2 stroke fan,

The evolution of 4 strokes have really proven themselves to be first and foremost reliable. In addition they are quiet, fuel efficient economical and have very low emissions. With the availability of better materials and manufacturing processes they are now much lighter as well.

However if I was going to buy a 2 stroke it would be an E-TEC I don’t know specifically about the 30HP but overall the are good motors and have a good track record for performance and reliable.

Talked to a guy a while back with a 25. Said it was great on gas and barely used any oil. He loved it. He had a 1548 alweld mod v and ran 31mph with a fishing load.

Don't buy a China made one. Them were the only ones with problems. They brought production back to US because of not being able to get the chinese to do QC.

I posted this time ago and my bro continues to have nothing but raves for his Evinrude 30 E-tec. He realizes its only been one summer but says start-ups are fast, purrs like a kitten, throttle response is great, minimal exhaust (he did say he misses the smell of 2 stroke in the morning...), stingy on fuel and oil and fit & finish continue to be like new.

Post subject: opinions on new 4 strokes
PostPosted: 01 Mar 2013, 10:01

My brother just bought a new 30hp E-tec and loves it. He's putting on a 13' Whaler (low transom), so it was strongly suggested he buy the lightest weight engine he could find (and that was the E-tec by far; the Yamaha 4S was some 50lbs heavier). It was also lower in price than the Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki and close to the Tohatsu so he went E-tec.

Latest posts