show me your outboard stand

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzzybil

Reaction score
took me 2 months to completely redo an old "BILL OF SALE" trailer....now i can't get a license plate for it @#$%^&*

my brand new outboard has been laying on its side still in box - I WANT TO BUILD A STAND ....not sure but it can't be that difficult ....

weighs 140 lbs - 20'' shaft

i just want to get it off the floor and upright........ no clue how long its going to take me to figure out this NO REGISTRATION trailer...
...makes no sense to mount the motor out in the yard on the boat for the crackheads nx door to steal before i can take it out......
i'd like to build a stand for it and no doubt keep it in the locked garage for now.....I'm just not sure where to start......what its suppose to look like.......

pictures , do and don'ts appreciated......

This is as simple as it gets... Advantages; cheap & easy- one 2x10 and a handful of screws and you're good to go. Disadvantages; no wheels, & you may need to reinforce for the weight of your motor.

Attachments

• motors 001.JPG
    motors 001.JPG
    371.4 KB · Views: 847
I made one some years ago out of a maids cleaning cart. Moves around easily and the shelves come in handy.
Also you can see grandma's walker in the background, but I prefer one with wheels.
But before going through the trouble and expense of making one, they can be had very cheap on C/L.
Good luck.

I'm using a pair of steel ramps, used for home car repair. Tilt one up, Put a piece of pipe in the leg laying on the floor to stabilize for heavier motors, and bob's yer uncle.

https://images.canadianlisted.com/nlarge/60set-of-steel-car-ramps_7016207.jpg

kind of like this, but mine are much older.

I recently put together another high speed stand. If you imagine it glistening with a gold or silver color it looks great.
It is functional.

stand.jpg

I have a couple more of these beauties as well.

stand2.jpg

The one I made is almost exactly like rscottp's stand. simple 2x4 construction using leftover deck screws. So far has done very well with everything from 2.5 horse to 50 horse outboards.

This one was for an Evinrude BigFour. An opposed 4-cylinder 60 C.I. 50hp beast of an engine.

Built several of these. Really like the little tool/parts tray in the front of the engine.

This one is probably the handiest and easiest to make. These walkers are available in bulk at Salvation Army or anyplace like that.
"Transom" folds forward so you can fold it up and throw it in the back of whatever you drove once engine is removed and on the boat.

Latest posts