Mercury 60/45 jet stainless impeller part #

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JL8Jeff

Reaction score
Can anyone verify if 47-855708T60 is the correct part # for the Mercury 60/45 jet stainless impeller. Some of the searches show it as the stainless impeller but a lot of them just list it as the impeller.

Stainless 6 7/8 impeller part number is 47-855708 60 Or at least that's what's on the inside of mine. It just has a space instead of the T like your part #.

Is that a 3 blade or 4 blade impeller? I thought all the stainless impellers were 4 blade and the aluminum ones were 3 blade but I've seen some ads for stainless impellers showing 3 blades (which might just be the wrong pictures attached to the ads).

That was the 3 blade stainless. They make aluminum and stainless 3 blade impellers and the 4 blade are all stainless to my knowledge. Wooldridge makes the 4 blades.

Thanks, now I know why I was a little confused. Do the 3 blade stainless impellers offer any performance improvement over the 3 blade aluminum? I could see where the 4 blade could make a difference.

This is my personal experience with them. I've run all 3 in a 40/28 omc and 60/40 omc on the same boat. The 3 blade stainless has always been 1mph faster then the 3 blade aluminum and any where from 2mph faster on the 60/40 to 6 mph faster on the 40/28 then the 4 blade stainless. The 4 blades are suppose to help hole shot. I couldn't tell much difference between the 4 blade and the 3 blade stainless. The 3 blade stainless probably had a better hole shot. Personally I put a 3 blade stainless in all my motors and do think they're worth it if nothing else but how much more durable they are. They cost more but will out last the aluminum hands down.