Mariner 28E Controls Conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justind0805

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum but really like everyone's modifications! I just nearly completed a project in which I used some of your brilliant ideas. Pictures will definitely come up shortly.

I bought a Mariner 28E outboard motor to put on my 1960 Lonestar V-hull. Serial is 664 59102. My boat already has installed a steering wheel and control column with throttle and shift levers. The Mariner 28E has a tiller handle and shift knob on the side. I am trying to find a conversion to hook up my control column to the motor. I've been looking everywhere online but just can't quite figure it out.

Thanks for the help!!!

Attachments

• photo 1(1).JPG
    photo 1(1).JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 198
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 198
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 198
Anybody know where to start on hooking up existing control column to this outboard motor that has a tiller handle and shifter on the side?

If your motor isn't too old, your best bet would probably be to locate a NOS conversion kit for setting up the remote. If you can't find that, you'll have to get creative and fab something yourself or have it fabricated at a shop.

Latest posts