half power

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agentxman

Reaction score
I have a 1988 gamefisher 9.9. I can get the motor to start on the fist pull. Yesterday I took the boat out and it was running fine. I went full throtle and it was going great for 10 mins or so then it slowed to half. I checked the fuel line from the tank and it was good, I checked the air vent and it was open. I started the motor up and put it in forward again it was still running half power then all of sudden it went full power like it was surging. When I got back to the ramp the motor would die when I moved the throtle to the start position. My question is, could it be a carb issue or fuel line to the carb?

Sounds like an iginition problem . Could be coil or wires . Check to see if it is hitting on both cylinders. Switch coil wires from one to the other and see if problem goes away .

I would also check the plug wires. If ignition is working right, then I would check fuel pump & carb. Do you use ethanol fuel?

Latest posts