1652 vpt Lowe Roughneck no wood in transom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxtrot

Reaction score

So that is a picture of the inside of the transom. I am switching from a clamp on style motor mount to a bolt through application. But there is no wood to bolt through. I am going to just bolt through those cross supports and that should work. I measured and they do line up with the BIA standard bolt holes. But how do I seal it so it wont leak? Washers and 4200?

Granted....I've read enough on here about the way to seal a bolt going through a solid transom with a wood core but I think I'm in a different "boat". I am assuming the rectangular bars that are horizontal are hollow (they could be filled with composite I wont know until I drill) I was trying to figure out a way to seal it up and not permanently epoxy the jack plate to the transom.

Just coat that portion of the shank of the bolt where it passes through the outside of the hull and the area around the hole and it should seal.

I ended up using boat life seal. Jack plate is on. I still need to wire it up and mount the hydraulic pump/motor and relays. Then mount the motor/controls and do some tuning.

I ended up getting my transom stiffener rewelded. It cost my $38.

I guess my biggest hurtle was I drilled one hole perpendicular to the floor and one perpendicular to the transom. So from the inside it looks like the bolts are mounted at different heights.

37A7A124-8F0E-4B32-82E6-6C5C784B56EF_zps6lffiklt.jpg

Got the jack plate wired up. I flushed out the hydraulic several times. Now I'm ready to mount the outboard.

Latest posts