Transom saver if 1436 hangs well back of trailer?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Reaction score
So I'm about to pull the trigger on a 9.9 for the 1436 Tracker. Although 'only' 90+ pounds I'm concerned about the .050" transom and want to install a transom saver. However the transom is probably 2' past the back of the trailer (and I can't adjust much at this point). I could bolt on some extension but I'm afraid it might open that hull like a tin can on some dicey ramp. Anyone able to beat this challenge into submission :roll: ? Maybe I don't need the saver?
Thanks for your help!

Steve

Yup. Sorry about that. I tried to delete the one here after realizing my error but could not figure out how. Checking 'delete' didn't work.

That would end up being a strange looking transom saver.............
I have done this on several occasions. Had to move the axle back to get the weight back forward on the trailer for one.
Second, had to go and buy longer wood for the bunks, carpet them and install them on the trailer to provide support for the hull.
The transom, in your situation would probably be okay. The bottom of the hull would begin to buckle though when hitting rough spots in the road.
Longer bunks will prevent that.

Latest posts