15 hp Johnson J15RCSD tech questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daretofish

Reaction score
Hello, 1st time posting, lurker off and on for years. I kew this was the place for the smaller motors when I needed it.

On this new to me motor that I am working on, a few things seem "off" after rebuilding the carb and reinstalling, I noticed the reason the idle adjustment knob was cracked. the alignment is not right, the idle adjustment needle is too low compared to the hole in the front of the motor. It seems the powerhead is angled down in the front, mounts look ok, anyone ever seen this before?

also, if the starter recoil assembly bolt is tightened it locks up, the rope wont go back in.

and third, for now, I noticed a light intermitent sparking between the upper coil mount and block.??

thanks for any help!

Here are pictures of the idle adjustment screw, notice it is angled down at the fronr and lower than it should be

Attachments

• 20140122_085033.jpg
    20140122_085033.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 317
Talked to my parts guy today who knew exactly what was wrong with the recoil assembly, a missing washer under the shoulder bolt.

I picked up one along with some other parts and spent a few hours on her. The alignment is good with a spacer under the front mount.

He even had a couple of used parts I needed! so now on to a cover latch replacement and fuel line.