HONDA tiller outboards

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to purchase an outboard for my LOWE 1650 and just automatically started searching for Mercury, after stumbling upon a Honda BF50 and looking at the quiet ratings and fuel economy I am starting to rethink what I am looking for.

Would anyone here that has a motor or knows of how reliable, quiet and can sip fuel please shout out what they know.

Thanks!

Used to have an early 10hp model, it was as you say as reliable, quiet and fuel efficient as they come. We used it when trolling lake michigan in our 20ft wellcraft. Run 10 hrs straight without missing a beat and the fuel gauge never seemed to move.Start on first or second pull every time too. Bit heavier than a 2 cycle though.
Tim

I have a 1999 Honda 25hp tiller on my 15 foot Klamath. The motor is quiet, gets good gas mileage but is lacking on the speed side. I've never cared for Honda's much, as they seem to produce a mid-tier engine for a premium price. I would trade it for a Yamaha or fuel injected Merc any day. Do a search and see how many people have to replace the carburetors on the smaller Honda outboards because they can't get them to run right.

Buying a used motor you're taking a chance, you might get a good running motor or a POS. And with Honda, the parts will run you a premium price.

Latest posts