Are tank connectors universal?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccm

Reaction score
I know this sounds stupid but I just don't know. I have a 2011 Tohatsu 4hp 4 stroke motor it has an internal tank with the motor connector up for an external tank. So after being fed up with fuel left in the internal tank going bad and having to clean it multiple times ( I HATE E GAS :x ) (yes I did use a fuel treatment) I bought a fuel line assembly from my local dealer but I forgot to order the tank connector #-o . The size of the male tank connector is 1/4NPT so my question is if I find one the same size of a different brand would it work or are there slight differences between manufactures that make this a no go. I really don't want to wait a week for an ordered part to arrive so any info would help.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=342466#p342466 said:
lckstckn2smknbrls » 21 Feb 2014, 21:14[/url]"]You can use any matching quick disconnect set you want.

a6890df9_b37d_c338.jpg

My experience has always been that tank connectors come in many different sizes and styles even sometimes on the same brand of outboard.
Tim

The local stores don't carry the right size I need so I will order the male connector I need from my local dealer. Thank you all for the helpful advice. :D

Latest posts