Missing O-ring

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warefishin

Reaction score
I just replaced my waterpump housing impeller etc. I am not a grade A mechanic or anything, but I ordered a new kit and just replaced the old parts with new parts. It was kind of a hassle getting the impeller key back in etc. Anyway in the process i didn't check the manual or pics I just put the new parts where the old ones went and when I checked the diagram I noticed there was an o-ring in the image that I didn't use. I don't think it was there originally and I am sure it isn't there now. Should I disassemble and put it in?

Its part number 45 in the image below. Its between the impeller and the waterpump housing.

Attachments

• 18.png
    18.png
    86 KB · Views: 139
That O-ring seals the top of the pump housing which effectively allows trapped air to escape and not cavitate the blades of the pump. This happens when the pump assembly is above the static water line while on plane and the exhaust gasses and pressure are trying to get in the pump. Always a good idea to renew that O-ring.

Latest posts