1984 75hp Mercury ethanol gas

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoey10

Reaction score
I have acquired an '84 bass tracker with a 75 mercury for an unimaginable deal. Replaced the decking and added more storage to the boat. I was wondering about the motor. Would it hurt to run the ethanol mixture in this boat? I had to have power pack replaced soon after buying the boat. Runs great now. Just curious about the gas mixture. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

It will run on the ethanol gasoline but dont let fuel set in carbs as the ethanol tends to gum up and even eat gaskets. Certain fuel lines will also break down from the ethanol so watch out for that.

Ethanol is Ok but no ethanol is better. If you treat your gas with Stabile Marine, Sea Foam, StarTron or any other marine fuel stabilizer you will be perfectly fine. If your motor is a premix then you won't have to worry as much about the ethyl alcohol eating your fuel lines though the new alcohol resistant fuel lines are best but there is no use replacing them until it is needed.

Latest posts