1996-97 40 hp Evinrude long shaft with PTT, what's it worth?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JL8Jeff

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this so figured I would start here. I have a 40 hp Evinrude long shaft motor with PTT cables, controls and wiring. I think it's around 96 or 97 and appears to be a low hour motor. It's painted hunting green as the guy used it for duck hunting. It runs really good and has a recent water pump impeller. He converted the VRO to a regular pump for pre-mixing. Prop looks really good with no scrapes or anything, most of the paint is still on it. I'm trying to get a rough idea of what it might be worth.

They start at .15/lb and go up from there. Everything depends on condition. A really perfect one can go well over $2K...these days.

Without original paint it will not bring as much, but if it's in "good" condition.......1,000-1,400......very good condition 1,500-2,000 but a lot of that depends on location and supply and demand.

The last one of these I got was a seized up parts motor. Between the lower unit, the trim system, and the electrics, I netted almost 800 from parting it out. The big aluminum parts are still in the scrap pile.

There is money there.

Searching around I'm seeing them listed for $900-$2900 but those are not actual sale amounts. I haven't listed it up for sale yet but it's not worth selling if I can't get enough for it. I'd rather keep a good motor available for a future boat.

Latest posts