1986 Force 35hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SF Flats Fisher

Reaction score
Heyo!

I recently got my motor back together and running after having it sit apart for three months. She fires up and runs, a little rich, well.. a lot rich, but I've yet to make any adjustments. My issue is that I appear to have a gassy-oily substance leaking from where the exhaust snout bolts up to my lower unit. Could it be that my carb is just dumping raw fuel into the cylinders and it's pouring out down the exhaust? Also, there are four bolts that attach my lower unit to the midsection, behind the rear-right bolt, there is a little hole, looks to be from the factory, that when I put muffs on the boat to run it, water pours out of. Do I have a bad seal? The hole is above the water intake and doesnt appear to have anything connected to it.

Any help is appreciated,

SF Flats Fisher.

Your motor running rich will definitely allow fuel to push through to the exhaust. Now once you have that adjusted, if it still does it, you have another problem.

As for the water issue, with out a pic, I'm not sure I really understand where you are talking about. But I will tell you that my motor has water coming out everywhere when on the muffs. Its pretty normal, but again without a pic I'm not sure.

I'll try to take a picture as soon as I can, most likely wont be able to get one up until Monday. Thanks for the carb issue help though, was seriously worried about that one, haha.

Nevermind, did some more research and the hole behind the bolt thing is just a drain.

Now another questions arises;

What's a good way to check timing and set timing on these motors, or is it even possible because the timing advances with the throttle linkage?