Marine Gas has returned with a vengence

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flbigguy1950

Reaction score
Thank goodness that non-ethanol gas has started to pop up at various gas stations not just fish camps. It was announced in October 2013 that a WaWa was opening in Clermont, FL. I sent a email to Corporate and reminded them that this area was the Bass Capital of Central Florida with several clubs and requested Marine Fuel be part of their station. The new WaWa opened last week with not just one but 4 pumps offering non-ethanol marine gas. I had sent them a second email that many of the lawn maintenance businesses used non-ethanol fuel as well. I called my Tournament Director and told him how I've been using it and I'm getting full power out of my 40 HP and no more phase separation worries. It's more expensive than E-10 but so is rebuilding a blown powerhead. Now many of my fellow members have made the switch. Here is a website online that will show you where to purchase non-ethanol marine fuel: https://pure-gas.org/ , it also works good on those old Hot Rods and Muscle cars. If you happen to see a sign promoting a future WaWa station site then do what I did and write to corporate, they will listen to the consumer. Tight Lines!

Can't find eth-free(lo Carb) gas anywhere around here. I just bought 38gal of stinky stuff right out of the pump at the local Shell Station. I have been buying gas for over 40 years and never smelled the like of it. I left a message with the attendant for the owner. Truck made the 2 mile trip home OK. We'll see what happens...
I feel the Oil Companies don't give a tinker's **** about you, me, or anyone else. We're expected to pay our money, shut up, and do it again...soon.

Wish I could find some ethanol free gas around DC. I would make the drive for even the 6 or so gallons I use on my outboard.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=349619#p349619 said:
claytonb78 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:07 am[/url]"]Wish I could find some ethanol free gas around DC. I would make the drive for even the 6 or so gallons I use on my outboard.

I'm with you on this!!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=349619#p349619 said:
claytonb78 » Today, 06:07[/url]"]Wish I could find some ethanol free gas around DC. I would make the drive for even the 6 or so gallons I use on my outboard.
We use to have a station here in town that sold non eth fuel but they sold out to another co and the new owner doesn't have non eth now. So now when I need non eth fuel, I load up all my containers and make that drive. Difference being, I fill up every container I can instead of just the 6 gal my boat tank holds. I use it in my antique motorcycle as well as my boat so it never sits around for long.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=349675#p349675 said:
tomme boy » Today, 12:56[/url]"]Been running it since about 1975 and have never had a problem with it.
Been running what since 75?

E10. If you have never run it, then it ca be a problem as it will clean every bit of trash out of your fuel system. Run a good filter at first. it should catch most of the garbage. If the motor is about a 1996 or newer it should have the newer gaskets to fight the drying effects of the alcohol. I am more concerned about the oil separating out of the fuel and clogging up everything.

OK , I'm gonna chime in :LOL2: If your running a smaller engine with a 6 gal or so tank, drain it an put the fuel in you lawn mower,tow vehicle, weed eater,chain saw or whatever. I could go on but the bottom line is to keep FRESH gas/fuel for your outboard. Larger built in tanks ,drain as much as ya can, IF its gonna sit for a while. run some Sea Foam or something similar in it ,it ain't gonna hurt nuttin ..... There, that's my 2 cent. Been doing this for years and had no trouble.

Latest posts