2000 Mercury 25HP Prop

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will15120

Reaction score
Has anyone ever replaced their prop on this motor or one similar? My prop is torn up some and I was thinking of replacing it and seeing if I can get a different pitch to help with my speeds. Any help is appreciated!

2 stroke or 4? I have a 94 should be pretty similar to yours if its a 2 stroke. The hub is biilt into prop I run a solas amita aluminum 3 blade 13pitch. It pushes my 1648 with 2 people and gear at 28mph I could probably get away eith a 14pitch as the 13 is at upper range of recomended rpm but when I throw in more gear or people the 13pitch comes in handy.

stevesecotec02 said:
2 stroke or 4? I have a 94 should be pretty similar to yours if its a 2 stroke. The hub is biilt into prop I run a solas amita aluminum 3 blade 13pitch. It pushes my 1648 with 2 people and gear at 28mph I could probably get away eith a 14pitch as the 13 is at upper range of recomended rpm but when I throw in more gear or people the 13pitch comes in handy.

Yes it's a 2 stroke so it should be similar. Right now I'm getting about 26MPH with two guys with the bad prop.

stevesecotec02 said:
What is current prop? Do you know your max rpms? What boat?

I do not know the rpms. It is on a 1648 flat bottom Jon. And the only info I have on the prop at this time is the pic below. Looks like it's a 12 pitch?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398314198.138402.jpg

Its hard to say without knowing the rpms but heres my setup. Alumacraft mv 1648 (320 lbs) tolling motor and 2 batteries (135 lbs) 2 people and other gear (600) lbs. So im pushing an estimated 1055 lbs with an aluminum 13pitch and I get 28mph and am at the upper rpm range for the motor. Mercury says to use a 14pitch for the weight im pushing but I occasionally load heavier so I stay with the 13. Hope this helps.

stevesecotec02 said:
Its hard to say without knowing the rpms but heres my setup. Alumacraft mv 1648 (320 lbs) tolling motor and 2 batteries (135 lbs) 2 people and other gear (600) lbs. So im pushing an estimated 1055 lbs with an aluminum 13pitch and I get 28mph and am at the upper rpm range for the motor. Mercury says to use a 14pitch for the weight im pushing but I occasionally load heavier so I stay with the 13. Hope this helps.

I might get a tachometer before I get I prop so I have what I need to push the boat good.

My MV1648 was similar when I bought it. Never should have sold that motor.
Starting where you are, I would try the standard factory supplied propeller, 13P aluminum. Buy it from the dealer. Mercury makes good props. If this proves to be a little too small that's okay. If you're RPM's are a little too high you can step up to a 14P stainless steel. Keep the standard prop as a spare or, for when you are heavily loaded.

Latest posts