Outboard Value - 1986 Mariner 15HP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremyray25

Reaction score
Hello All.

I currently have a 1986 Mariner 15HP manual start tiller. The last two trips on the water have not went well. Had much more trouble getting it started than normal and when I did get it started it died after 15 minutes of running. I have done everything that I know to do (which is not much), change the spark plugs, cycled brand new gas through the tank. I'm not a mechanic, so I'm out of my league when trouble-shooting. I'm at the point know where I am going to take it someone to get it fixed.

My question to you is, how much do you think it is worth, assuming nothing is too teribly wrong with it (it ran great last year)? I don't want to spend more than its worth to get it fixed and would like to know.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I sold a 1980's 15hp Gamefisher for $500 a couple years ago.

Might be as simple as cleaning the carb.

i sold one for 900. it was in near mint condition and i had gone through the motor. carb cleaned, impeller changed, new lower oil and crush gaskets. motor is one of the best out there.
dino

Three factors combine to determine value. Condition, condition, and condition.
Prices for a used engine start at $0.15/lb and go up from there. If your engine were in perfect condition it could be worth more than a grand.

Latest posts