my mercury 20 fourstroke strikes again

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovedr79

Reaction score
Well I finally got my mom to watch my daughter so I could fish for the first time this year. Well I ran the fuel out of the motor and fuel line last fall. Went to start it Friday, fresh gas, etc. Fired right up. Ran 30 seconds. Would not start after. After some choice words and kicking myself for waiting til the day before I planned to fish I opened the carb drain screw, float stuck. Cool. Started and ran. Put the boat in the next morning, wouldn't start, got it running, would only run wide open. Nothing in between. I completely tore carb down found nothing. Fished today ran fine. Does anyone make a carb rebuild kit fir the 20 horse forsetroke? I can order all the gaskets and seals seperately, but would like just the kit and be done.

The motor lookup here is based on the S/n - so you'll have to look with your info but I found rebuild kits for both my 84 Mariner 20xd and my 89 Mercury Blackmax XR4 - rather anecdotal I realize, but they might work for you too:

www.boats.net

www.marineengine.com

Latest posts