going slow ..and slower ...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peabody

Reaction score
must be me :)
but i seem to be getting slower and slower ....
i just putt putt on the river and lake...
hardly even try to get her up on plane...
i like my mercury bigfoot 25 so much..
I'm thinking of trading in a extra motor ihave... for a yamaha 9.9 T (high thrust)..
25" shaft....
just wondered what the board would say

yep.....
also thinking of building a barge .. 8x16x6
the high thrust and a large cooler .. :)

Welcome to my world! I troll for salmon and trout and I spend all day long, literally, going as slow as the boat can possibly go! In fact I laugh because there are people here talking about top speeds and bragging (not really) about how fast their boat goes and here I am proud as punch when my boat is able to troll at 1.7mph! Could care less how fast it goes!

I troll or longline for crappie the majority of my time on the water, so I go slower than 1.7, usually around .7 to 1.2mph, but I do use a TM. :LOL2:

1.7 mph.. wow .. thats slow..
I've been giving this gobs of thoughts....
why couldn't i build basically a wall/box ..? 16 foot long ..6 foot wide.
and ten inches deep.
build a motor mount. set up a post for throttle and stick/wheel ?
and a containment rail around it.. ta da ! simplest thing i can dream up.
silly thing would be extremely stable..
i think it would work.
got a 16" car trailer .....be perfect. :)

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=352322#p352322 said:
peabody » Yesterday, 18:12[/url]"]1.7 mph.. wow .. thats slow..
I've been giving this gobs of thoughts....
why couldn't i build basically a wall/box ..? 16 foot long ..6 foot wide.
and ten inches deep.
build a motor mount. set up a post for throttle and stick/wheel ?
and a containment rail around it.. ta da ! simplest thing i can dream up.
silly thing would be extremely stable..
i think it would work ...... i have a 16" car trailer .....be perfect. :)

beasts%20southern%20wild%20fox%20searchlight%20interview%20615.jpg

Just in case you are talking about nature working on us old farts, I say way to go. All our life long everything has to be done in a hurry. Hurry to get up. Hurry to get to school or work. Get as much done as possible and then hurry home. Hurry to get dinner and hurry off to bed. I say to hell with that. Let 'em pass, wave 'em on by. In a hurry? See you later. Who cares anyway. As a newly retired I say what's the hurry? Don't wanna do it today, fine. Maybe get to it tomorrow - if I feel like it. Once you take the big dirt nap it doesn't matter anyway...

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=353527#p353527 said:
bobberboy » 25 May 2014, 15:34[/url]"]Just in case you are talking about nature working on us old farts, I say way to go. All our life long everything has to be done in a hurry. Hurry to get up. Hurry to get to school or work. Get as much done as possible and then hurry home. Hurry to get dinner and hurry off to bed. I say to hell with that. Let 'em pass, wave 'em on by. In a hurry? See you later. Who cares anyway. As a newly retired I say what's the hurry? Don't wanna do it today, fine. Maybe get to it tomorrow - if I feelke it. Once you take the big dirt nap it dont matter anyway...

sooo true ....
:)
ive finally got to the point in my life. where happyness
is an empty mail box :)

Old...maybe. Fisherman? No...I can't catch a fish in Stop&Shop. Even as a kid fishing with my Dad, I couldn't wait to put the pole away and run the motor.

Been a mechanic, by nature, since forever. When a boat is properly set up, mechanically speaking, it is measured by how well it performs. Top speed is the yard stick but the engine must run smooth at all speeds. Then the boat is ready to be used however it's owner desires. I never met a fisherman yet who didn't appreciate a fine running engine.

As long as I have a tank of fuel and a throttle, I'm happy buzzing around sightseeing just as fast as I like. Tuning for one more MPH for me is like catching that prize bass.

There will be time to go slow when I'm stuck in a rocking chair. Just put me out at the end of the dock...hand me that pole.

God sure has a sense of humor. Look how he made us all so different!

[url=https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=353841#p353841 said:
Boat2fast » 28 May 2014, 04:06[/url]"]Old...maybe. Fisherman? No...I can't catch a fish in Stop&Shop. Even as a kid fishing with my Dad, I couldn't wait to put the pole away and run the motor.

Been a mechanic, by nature, since forever. When a boat is properly set up, mechanically speaking, it is measured by how well it performs. Top speed is the yard stick but the engine must run smooth at all speeds. Then the boat is ready to be used however it's owner desires. I never met a fisherman yet who didn't appreciate a fine running engine.

As long as I have a tank of fuel and a throttle, I'm happy buzzing around sightseeing just as fast as I like. Tuning for one more MPH for me is like catching that prize bass.

There will be time to go slow when I'm stuck in a rocking chair. Just put me out at the end of the dock...hand me that pole.

Amen to that !!!
Boat2fast said:
Old...maybe. Fisherman? No...I can't catch a fish in Stop&Shop. Even as a kid fishing with my Dad, I couldn't wait to put the pole away and run the motor.

..................................................................................

.........Amen to that !

Boat2fast - As long as I have a tank of fuel and a throttle, I'm happy buzzing around sightseeing just as fast as I like. Tuning for one more MPH for me is like catching that prize bass.

Boat2fast...maybe a full tank and a throttle is the real necessity, both physical and metaphorical...